Stove Top Baked Beans
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans salt free pinto beans along with the liquid (If you cannot find salt free beans then drain and rinse them and add one cup of water)
- 2-3 tablespoons Brew and Feed Smoky Molasses Rub
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 small onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons molasses or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Mix, beans, smoky molasses rub, brown sugar, onions, ketchup, molasses or maple syrup, vinegar together in a pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. The sauce should thicken. If you want the sauce to thicken more remove the top and the beans simmer while stirring often until your desired thickness is achieved.