The turkey club sandwiches trace their roots back to the end of the nineteenth century to a men’s social club in New York. The "Club" in club sandwich is likely an abbreviation for Clubhouse.
Bourbon Maple Turkey Sandwich
- 2Lb. Turkey breast, roasted and sliced
- 8 Leaves of lettuce (we used green leaf, but Bibb is recommended as well)
- 1 Large tomato, sliced
- 1 Large onion, sliced
- 8 Slices of maple turkey bacon, cooked
- 8 Slices bread of choice (we used multi grain)
- 4 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Bourbon Maple Hops Blend
- Mix 4 tablespoons mayonnaise with 1 teaspoon of Bourbon Maple Hops Blend and set aside. Toast bread to desired darkness.
- Spread mayonnaise on bread slices.
- Place lettuce down, then 2oz turkey breast followed by tomato, onion and bacon on 1 slice of bread.
- Place the slice of bread with mayonnaise on top of one the slices with the turkey and etc. on it.
- Serve and enjoy!
Use salt free or low salt turkey and bread to reduce the sodium level of this meal.