Spice things up with this quick and easy salmon dish. Wash it down with a 5% ABV or lower Blonde Ale to get a bit of relief from the spicy salsa without overwhelming the bouquet of flavors in the salmon rub.
Salmon with Spicy Warm Salsa
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 skinless salmon fillets (6 oz each)
2 teaspoons Brew and Feed Salmon Rub seasoning
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes about 3 ounces, cut in halves
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 fresh lime
- Heat skillet to medium high heat and add olive oil
- Preheat grill or oven to 400° and indirect heat.
- Add onions, tomatoes and jalapeños and cook until onions and tomatoes are soft. Remove from heat, add juice from 1/2 of the lime and keep warm.
- Season both sides of the fillets with Salmon Rub seasoning and place on the grill, cook for about 6-8 minutes or until flaky (we turned ours over twice to lightly brown both sides)
- Mix the tomatoes, onions and jalapeños into a salsa and serve as a side with the salmon fillets
- Cut remaining lime into quarters and take one quarter and squeeze over the fish and salsa